ABOUT THE COMPANY:
InMotion is a global company that designs and manufactures complete motor and drive systems for electric and hybrid vehicles. Many of the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturers trust InMotion to provide innovative products for use in their vehicles. With engineering and manufacturing centers in the US, Sweden and China, working at InMotion US means being part of a shared vision where we work together developing the components needed for the electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s yet asked for, then we want to talk with you!
InMotion US is situated in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Blacksburg, VA with a unique mix of cultures that fits any stage of life. Advance your career in a dynamic, hands-on environment with the opportunity to collaborate with top-ranked engineering universities like nearby VA Tech and KTH in Stockholm Sweden. We offer an opportunity to create and implement your creative motor design solutions in a small business environment with large company support. To learn more about InMotion, visit evs-inmotion.com, and to learn more about Blacksburg, visit stepintoblacksburg.org.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a Product Line Manager – Engineer to interface with key customers on technical issues. Our ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
The Product Line Manager – Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the product including quality, manufacturing, customer support, and present product design. We are looking for an engineer that can manage a product line communicating with local and international resources, the customer, key account manager, and the organization. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have a demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at communicating.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize a positive systematic approach for analyzing operations and design to optimize overall quality, delivery, and costs
- Collect and evaluate data to arrive at technically accurate conclusions and ensure timely resolution to customer concerns
- Develop proposals for product design, process improvement, cycle time reduction, cost reduction and other activities by reducing/eliminating non-value-added activities
- Apply extensive technical expertise to top level objectives
- Effectively conduct feasibility studies of various solutions to resolve problems
- Lead problem solving activities in a progressive, team-oriented environment. Conduct process capability studies and design for manufacturability sessions
- Work with design engineers to support introduction of new products, participate in Design Reviews and DFMEAs and ensure accountability to meeting customer requirements
- Provide cost estimates for new projects
- Provide guidance and training to manufacturing. Compile and write training material and conduct training sessions on production processes
- Participate in Value Engineering, generating ideas and executing projects
- Coordinate customer related opportunities including; VAVE, warranty, delivery, out of box, and new projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
- Self-motivated and able to work in a professional environment without direct supervision
- Process improvement and analytical skills required
- High degree of creativity and initiative
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects within defined time
- Project management skills and experience
- Work well with others and have the ability to lead cross-functional teams to solutions
- Ability to make professional presentation for customers and leadership
- Manufacturing process improvement and DFM experience preferred
- Excellent PC skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills for our multi-functional and international design team environment
- Flexible schedule to accommodate business across multiple time zones and travel (out of state and out of country)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in ME, IE or related. MS welcome.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Motor design and manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with formalized continuous improvement methodologies is required – Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- 3D CAD modeling experience
- 5+ years of experience with electric motors and/or rotating machinery is preferred
- International experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
InMotion US is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.